PUMA Ground Defence Seminar 16/6/19
PUMA Ground Defence Seminar – June 19
Mr David Pixton V Degree
Here are detail of the next PUMA Dround Defence Seminar (there is still time to book) –
- Sunday 16th June 2019
- 10:00am – 12 noon
- The UTC Oxfordshire, Greenwood Way, Harwell OX11 6BZ
The seminar is open to all adult/junior licenced P.U.M.A. members (not including LP).
The seminar has been designed for any student to attend and learn new skills as an introduction to Ground Defence.
The Ground Defence seminars are designed to enable students to enhance their martial arts skills and personal safety capabilities by learning new techniques and concepts. Including:
- The dangers of grappling and ground fighting.
- Safety skills (falling, standing and tapping)
- Identifying and achieving “good” positions and identifying and escaping “bad” positions.
- Movement drills to achieve good positions.
- Basic ground attack from guard position.
- Introduction to basic throwing technique.
Most of the Ground Defence drills require a partner so if students are interested they may want to consider bringing a training partner that they can work with.
The seminar will be taught by Mr Dave Pixton V Dan.
The Cost is £36.
On completion of the seminar students will receive a certificate and progress card to put in their licence book. These will be sent at a later date when all the information is collected.
Dobok bottoms and a T-shirt can be worn, a selection of rash guards may be available to buy on the day subject to supply and sizes available.
Please book early to avoid disappointment
For any questions or to book your place, please contact Mr McDonald – firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions or to book your place, please contact me direct on email@example.com
David Pixton V
P.U.M.A Ground Defence Coordinator