PUMA Point Stop Championships – 22nd March [Reminder]
P.U.M.A. Individual & Team Championships
Please find below the newly released information regarding the P.U.M.A. Individual & Team Championships to be held on Sunday 22nd March 2020 at Northcroft Leisure Centre, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1RS.
The schedule will be as follows: (Times are approximate)
- 09.30 am: Doors open
- 09.45 am: Junior weigh-in/height test
- 10:00 am: Junior Sparring (white/stripes-yellow/green – blue/red – Black) weight divisions stated below. Followed by Junior team patterns.
- 11.30 am: Adult Coloured Belt weigh-in followed by sparring (yellow/green & blue/red) normal weight divisions
- 12:30 pm: Adult Black Belt Weigh In followed by Individual Sparring
- 1:30 pm: Team Patterns Coloured Belts & Black Belts
- 2:00 pm: Adult Coloured Belt Team Sparring (open weight category)
- 2:30 pm: Black Belt Adult Team Sparring
Adult divisions are age 16 years and above (No Cadet Divisions)
Please note that the schedule is a guide only and is always subject to change
All tournament officials please report to the top table at 9:15 am. Names of all officials & helpers must be sent to: email@example.com
Competition Entry Fee
- Adult/Junior: Individual Sparring £20 per competitor
- Team Patterns: £10.00 per competitor
- Team Sparring: £10.00 per competitor
- Spectators: £5.00 per spectator
Closing Date for Entries
Entries must be received no later than 15th March 2020.
We are not using the wired online entry system for this event.
Please enter via your instructor. All students will be invoiced for entry via Paypal using their email address.
Team / School Doboks are allowed for this competition. Team T-shirts are permitted as long as they are promoting PUMA associated schools only.
Individual sparring: Normal PUMA height/weight categories apply. Junior divisions as stated below. No facial contact permitted.
Junior White Belt Division
There will be a junior white belt division for purple / orange / yellow stripes. Three members per team, Junior weight categories apply. Absolutely No Head Contact.
Adult Team sparring
Open weight categories apply
P.U.M.A. approved sparring equipment must be worn for all sparring categories
The following equipment is compulsory
Head guard (open faced), gum shield, non-weighted closed finger handguards, forearm guards, foot guards & shin guards. Groin guards are compulsory for males and optional for females. Chest guards are optional for females.
- ≤140 cm
- 141 cm – 160 cm
- 160cm +
|Colour Belts||Black Belts|
|≤57 kg||–||≤57 kg||≤ 58 kg|
|58 kg – 63kg||≤ 64 kg||58 kg – 63kg||59 kg – 64 kg|
|–||65 kg – 72 kg||–||65 kg – 70 kg|
|64kg – 70kg||73 kg – 80 kg||64kg – 70kg||71 kg – 76 kg|
|–||–||–||77 kg – 80 kg|
|71kg +||81kg +||71kg +||81kg +|
Team Patterns Divisions
Each team can be made up of a minimum of three & maximum of five team members male and/or female and the pattern performed will be one of the designated patterns of the lowest grade team member.
Junior teams can be made up of two or three competitors.
- PUMA Grade 1-9th kup: Sajo jirugi 1 or 2, Sajo Makgi or Chong ji
- 8th kup – 3rd kup: Dan Gun -Toi Gye
- 2nd kup – Black Belt: Hwa Rang – Upwards
- 9th kup – 5th kup: Chong ji – Yul Gok
- 4th kup – 1st kup: Joon Gun – Hwa Rang
- 1st Degree & above: Choong Moo & above
For this competition, late entries are permitted so that teams can be made up on the day.
Any questions regarding this event please email the tournament director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Movewell Taekwondo
Movewell Taekwondo is part of PUMA Martial Arts (Professional Unification of Martial Arts), the main instructor of Movewell Taekwondo is Nick Evans, 5th Degree Black Belt.
Movewell Taekwondo offers Taekwondo classes in Royal Wootton Bassett, near Swindon for all ages -