Taekwondo…What you don’t See
Training in Taekwondo can be More than just Going to a Weekly Club…
A martial art can teach physical improvement, coordination mastery, self-defence, self-confidence and greater flexibility to name a few; but many people miss the subtleties and the real magic of learning a martial art; which is how it can help you be a better person…
- It can remind you to be humble to your achievements
- Help you to willingly share what you know to help others
- Bring you confidence, strength and self-belief at the most surprising times
- Remind you to always be polite and courteous
- Remind you to be thankful for what you have
- To teach you mental strength
- The grading process and uncertainty of grading success toughens you for failures and teaches you to pick yourself back up
- It can teach you that giving up serves no purpose
- It teaches you to persevere when the going gets tough
- It can help you realise it’s the journey that makes you happy not the achievement
All of these hidden gems are there for the taking by simply practising taekwondo; being acknowledged for your improvements enabling you to grade, with the hope of progressing to the next level.
The real bonus is that everything you learn in taekwondo can be used in every part of your life.
See also Learn about Taekwondo Gradings